Expression of interest open until 1 August
The below programme of dates (August to December) has been put together after consultation with national teams. We are very keen to work in harmony with each home country, and to avoid duplication and potential player overload.
|12th & 13th August
|9th & 10th September
|24th September (Sunday)
|5th November (Sunday)
|Joint training with BL Men
|9th & 10th December
|26th December – 1st January
|Hong Kong Super Sixes
Some key points:
- From those players registering their interest, we will invite around 42 to take part in the initial trials / tournament weekend. We recognise the short notice ahead of that weekend, and so there will be some flexibility applied for any players who already have commitments on those dates. Attending for just one of the two days, for example.
- We will be taking a squad of 12 women to Hong Kong.
- 2022 World Games training squad members will be automatically invited, although we are aware of several players who have retired, are injured or are currently giving priority to family / career / education matters. However, please could all players confirm their availability / interest in being involved via the Expression of Interest Form, even if NOT available for the Hong Kong tournament.
- We would love to hear any individual retirement news to be able to celebrate previous contributions to the team on social media. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Following our initial trials / tournament weekend in August we will be looking to select a women’s training squad of 24 to 28 players which will be announced on this website on 16th August.
- British Lacrosse staff team: Phil Collier (Head Coach), Kate Nelson-Lee (Manager), Ailsa Stott (Asst Coach), Andy Jones (Physio), Rich Lalor (S&C), Erica Erb (Coaching Asst)
These are exciting times for lacrosse as the game continues to grow globally and we look forward to hearing from those players who are keen to be involved with one of the leading Sixes programmes in the world.
If you have any questions please contact Phil Collier at email@example.com